Pages


Wednesday 29 May 2013

Pupdate


Bramble had a trip to the beach yesterday, and totally loved it!! She did have a splash in the sea, but her favourite part was to play in the sand. She dug it up and then ran around and rolled about in it. She was truly a "sand monster"! We will have to take her there more often because she was a huge fan.

Right now she seems to be going through a "destroying" phase, so any items left on the floor are at risk of being chewed and ripped to shreds. So far, she has got hold of a few shoes, pieces of paper, children's toys and several others & as soon as she's been at them they're ruined!! Although if people leave stuff on the floor then it's not the dogs fault, after all! I think I'm going to get her some more chewy toys to take out the chewing on.

I have been doing regular grooming sessions with her to get her used to being brushed. She will sit nice & still and I think she actually enjoys it.

At the moment her recall is challenging. She will return but it's very much on her terms. So I have been trying to work on this, hoping to see an improvement soon. It's a matter of consistency really. I just have to pretend I am going home, then she turns around and follows me....

We are also playing hide and seek games, which should help with our recall training. Bramble LOVES playing hide & seek.


Her leash behavior is very much on and off. One moment, she's perfectly doing a loose leash to heel. Next she's dragging you. So that's another project right now!! She tends to be OK on "working" outings, it's the "fun walks" that she's worse at. I am doing the stopping and starting malarkey, and she's slowly getting the idea.

Meanwhile, we have a new (pet) addition to the family, in the shape of Wilson, a Cavalier puppy. Bramble is being pretty good with him (she is known for being a little too full on with small dogs)

Hopefully next update will be about how well her training's going...fingers crossed!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blogs, keep it up! :)

    CC x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CC!

      I must be better about updating them....LOL!

      Love your blog too. :-)

      Delete